October 5, 2021, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo – RippleNami, Inc., a technology company working to deliver transparent, traceable, and innovative solutions to people across Africa, today announces the launch of rWATER Hub.
The rWATER Hub enables cities and villages on or off-grid clean drinkable water, solar power, and internet. Designed as a safe, reliable, cost-effective system, rWATER Hub readily incorporates into the daily lives of Africans throughout the continent.
“RippleNami’s mission remains connecting unconnected populations of people. After decades of talking about clean water, over 300 million people in Sub-Saharan Africa do not have access to drinkable water. We designed the rWATER Hub for Africa, which delivers clean drinkable water, power, and internet connectivity. Think about plugging the unit in and drinking clean water while texting your mate at an affordable rate,” said RippleNami’s Chairman and CEO Jaye Connolly-LaBelle. “Delivered with the rWATER Hub is RippleNami’s trademark transparent and traceable technology currently in the hands of people, businesses, and governments across the continent of Africa. rWATER Hub is perhaps the most important technology solution we have offered to date in Africa. The people of Africa have much to contribute to the rest of the world. African participation in the global economy should not be hindered by unmet basic human needs like water, power, and connectivity. The rWATER Hub will support the wellbeing of the African people, helping them to thrive and participate in the growth of both domestic and global economies.”
Manufactured to RippleNami specifications to meet the water purification requirements unique to Sub-Saharan Africa, rWATER Hub incorporates a range of advanced technologies unique to the system, including:
- Mobility: rWATER Hub is a cargo container-sized, mobile, self-contained, off-grid, remotely deployable water purification system.
- Purification: rWATER Hub system removes organic and inorganic contaminants from water without using chemicals by applying electrification-oxidation technology, treating water through the infusion of electrical currents. Treated water is immediately available for human consumption at system outflow serving over 1.3 million people per day.
- Reliability: Safe, simple, easy to use, incorporating rugged, reliable, proven, low-maintenance technology.
- Cost-efficiency. Designed to be economical to operate and simple to maintain, rWATER Hub delivers overall low-cost system operation.
- Solar Power: The rWATER system is solar-powered, supporting off-grid operations when necessary.
- Satellite Internet Link: Integrated high-bandwidth satellite internet link supports remote traceable, transparent measurements of water flows into and out of the system.
- Sustainability: Zero chemicals, environmentally friendly.
Packaged in mobile or stationary containers powered by solar panels and connected to the internet via a satellite link, rWATER Hub
disintegrates environmentally harmful and hazardous substances, instantly delivering potable water on-site in real-time without chemicals.
Designed to provide local power and WiFi-enabled Internet connections in addition to water purification, rWATER Hub is, as its name implies, a hub to support the growth and development of African communities large and small anywhere on the continent.
The rWATER Hub is scheduled for initial deployment in several African locations in the coming months.
About RippleNami | RippleNami supports governments, businesses, and individuals with traceable and transparent technology solutions. RippleNami’s suite of products facilitates traceability and transparency through blockchain-based data collection, aggregation, analytics, and visualization. The technology is easily customizable, user-friendly, and cost-effective, enabling organizations to assemble and quickly access data critical to their operations. With endless applications, RippleNami technology puts the power of big data and sophisticated technology directly into the hands of governments, organizations, businesses, and individuals so they can focus on what’s most important – visualizing their world.