This week we compared ROI vs VOI for measuring onsite workplace clinic effectiveness, witnessed the power of online reviews for DPC practices, experienced how independent physicians are leading the efforts to combat opioid abuse, saw how national healthcare policy has evolved, and learned how independent physicians are managing their business under the value-based care model.
At Elation Health, we’re committed to strengthening the physician-patient relationship and providing intuitive tools for clinical first care. Part of this commitment includes keeping physicians and staff informed about the latest healthcare news, technology trends, and policy updates that impact their practices and patients.
We’re maintaining a set of healthcare-focused blogs where you can subscribe to get more information and news straight to your inbox. And each week, our Weekly Rounds will give you the highlights of the top content we’ve posted; here’s what you may have missed this week:
- ROI vs VOI: Which is better for worksite employer clinics? – Employees with access to an onsite or near-site workplace clinic are more likely to take fewer sick days. But with an increase in productivity, how do employers measure the success of their healthcare benefits? Compare the difference of ROI vs VOI for worksite clinics.
- How to manage direct primary care (DPC) practice reviews – The power of online reviews can influence a business’s bottom line. Unfortunately, so few patients leave online reviews and even fewer leave positive ones. Learn how to generate more positive reviews for your DPC practice.
- EHRs and the opioid crisis – Prescription painkiller abuse is on the rise. Independent physicians are among the many medical professionals fighting on the front lines. See how electronic health records are helping stem the frequency of long-term opioid use and abuse.
- One year under Trump: how healthcare has changed – Although the ACA stands today, efforts to repeal or replace it were not without cost: The number of uninsured Americans has risen, as well as the costs of health insurance. Discover all the impacts on the ACA due to recent policy changes.
- Integrating primary care and behavioral health – Shifting to value-based care includes a shift into “holistic healthcare” for primary care physicians and their patients. Behavioral and mental health is just as important as physiological, yet each branch of medicine requires vastly different approaches. See how physicians working under the value-based care model manage their entire operation seamlessly.